HAVE YOUR REGION SUBMITTED A RESPONSE TO DG COMPETITION??
You and your Region have the opportunity to influence the Community Guidelines for the application of State aid rules in relation to rapid deployment of broadband networks!
Do you believe the rules should be changed to provide the State Aid and Public Sector financial support needed and guarantee the superspeed infrastructure required across Europe over the next 9 years ?
HOT ISSUES – discuss your views here – gather support – submit your responses to DG COMP.
- Should incumbents be forced to collaborate with the competition?
- Should new suppliers of dark fibre be taxed for every metre installed?
- Should governments and LA’s who fund next generation networks with public money retain ownership or at least a “golden share”.
- Should the 7 Year Rule be dropped?
- Should “White Areas” be defined as < 20Mpbs simultaneous download and upload [Germany]
- Should there be a National Broadband Fund for community intiatives? [USA]
All responses must be with DG COMPETITION before the closing date: 31st August 2011.
* “all stakeholders to submit their views on the basis of the questionnaire. Please in particular mention individual paragraphs in the draft if you wish to make specific comments.”